Full-Time Cluster Reservation Sales Agent Vacancy At InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Cluster Reservation Sales Agent at InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, AE-DU, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental – Dubai – Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA19887
Your day to day
The Reservation Sales Agent record and process all reservation inquiries made by phone, fax or email efficiently and accurately and converted to sales where possible to meet hotel targets. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Sell the InterContinental Hotels Group products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques
- Promote the Hotel’s (and ICHG generally) products and services
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all ICHG Hotels in your region
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email
- Accept wait list reservations
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions
- Liaise with Front Office Manager or Finance Manager for all reservations requiring credit approval
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
- Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates
- Prepare reports as requested (eg to travel agents, business houses, F&B, Daily pick up etc)
- Prepare reservation sales reports.
- Monitoring Web-Supplier extranet and matching all the upcoming booking with opera PMS.
- Following up on traces on daily basis.
- Preparing no show and cancellation on daily basis.
- Charging prepaid booking at the time of reservations with secure pay or manual.
- Performing on daily basis profile check for upcoming arrivals.
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2 years call-centre or hotel operations experience..
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced in writing and speaking English
- Knowledge in Opera is desirable
- Knowledge of Arabic language desired
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.