Full-Time Room Technician (Engineering) Vacancy at Holiday Inn® Dubai Festival City
Room Technician – Engineering at Holiday Inn® Dubai Festival City
Your day to day
Assist the Shift Engineer or Assistant Maintenance Manager with general hotel and building maintenance and ensure that work is completed to a high standard within your established trade which meets the needs and expectations of your customers. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Perform all routine preventative maintenance and curative maintenance
- Maintain a level of broader knowledge which enables you to handle minor problems in all fields of the department
- Attend to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Hotel premises, including any new additions / extensions to the Hotel or any other properties maintained by the Hotel.
- Repair and maintain guest room facilities, light facilities, furniture and equipment
- Assist with the implementation of the hotel’s preventative maintenance system and repair log system
- Prioritize work in line with guest requests and management
- Record daily service work, including maintaining individual replacement costs along with time/task labour hours cost
- Participate in instructing colleagues on the proper operation, safety procedures and cleaning of all equipment
- Participate in staff meeting regarding proper operating and maintenance practices of equipment
- Implement and carry out maintenance program in accordance with established timeframes
- Ensure that appropriate files are maintained and resources kept for future reference
- Complete daily reports outlining work undertaken for the day
- Explore and incorporate environmentally friendly initiatives
- Efficient and effective use of recycling methods
- Rooms / Public areas- Apply paint, stain and other finishes to property walls, ceilings and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding and burning.
- Cover surfaces with appropriate material for protection during painting and post appropriate signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Reach 14 meter, predominately over the head.
- Remain in stationary position for 30 minutes – 2 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Participate in the preventive maintenance program of all-building equipment.
- Support the Chief Engineer and work with the Engineering team to accomplish daily maintenance of property.
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- At least 2 year previous experience in a similar role in a 4*-5* property
- Good communication skills
- Good command of English
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.