Full-Time Vacancy For Landscape Architect At Parsons
Minimum Clearance Required to Start : Not Applicable/None
Are you interested in utilizing your architectural background to design marquee public and commercial structures? Parsons is hiring Architects who will independently perform a wide variety of conventional and moderately complex architectural assignments by applying architectural design standards, practices, and techniques.
- Performs a variety of assignments such as conducting architectural studies, developing design concepts and design criteria, and preparing related reports.
- Reviews CAD drawings, renderings, layouts, study models, construction documents, and color boards prepared by Architectural Designers.
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, standards, and client requirements. Writes construction specifications and prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Interfaces with suppliers as required.
- Coordinates work with engineering and construction units at project site.
- Reviews, approves, and issues detailed design and construction drawings and specifications prepared by others.
- Provides the seal and signature of a professional architect when required by statute or contract.
- Provides technical guidance to Architectural Designer/Drafters working on the same project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (or equivalent) is required with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Requires proficiency in the application of architectural design standards, practices, and techniques, as well as a demonstrated proficiency in sketching, rendering, modelbuilding, and presentation drawing.
- Proficiency in Revit or other software packages typically associated with architectural design is also required.
- Acumen for reviewing designs and construction plans to meet codes, budgets, and schedules