Full-Time CCTV Operator Vacancy At THE8 HOTEL Dubai
CCTV Operator – THE8 HOTEL
To operate and monitor all systems, including CCTV, within the control room in a professional and efficient manner. To ensure integrity, accuracy and confidentiality of all information gained by compliance with Fairmont quality standards and legislation.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai’s iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Security, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To operate and monitor all systems within the control room in an efficient manner ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with security operating procedure, legislation and code of practice/ethics.
- To liaise with the police, service providers and internal concerned departments to ensure that appropriate use of the system.
- To include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules of evidence
- To provide an efficient and courteous radio and telephone answering service and deal efficiently with all enquires.
- To report equipment failure to the security supervisor to maximize operation of the system.
- To maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the regulations set up by Security Industry Regulatory Agency (SIRA) and to ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times.
- To maintain the provision of information required by the Assistant Manager, Security and to assist the monitoring of the CCTV system in accordance with SIRA regulations and the continuity and admissibility of evidential material.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in terms of health and safety including appropriate health and safety training.
- Conduct regular checks on all “field” officers to assure they are alert and carrying out their duties efficiently and effectively
- Assist in conducting investigations and prepare accompanying investigation reports for cases which occur within the hotel
- Keep tag on movements of staff who are classified as suspects under investigations
- Keep peace and order within the premises of the Hotel in dealing with criminals, trespassers or difficult characters
- Conduct regular and periodical checks and take immediate follow-up action on all systems including CCTV system.
- Attend meetings and in-service training conducted by the Department.
- The CCTV system operates 24 hours a day 365 days per year. As such the CCTV Operator will be required to operate on a shift basis to provide full cover for the scheme.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity in a 5 star hotel.
- Knowledge of operation of the CCTV system.
- SIRA CCTV Operator License.
- Minimum education of high school
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.