Full-Time Commis vacancy At Kochi Marriott Hotel
Job Number 21020387
Job Category : Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location : Kochi Marriott Hotel
Relocation? : No
Position Type : Non-Management
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
The impact you’ll make
You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine. Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations. You hard work pays off when a dish that you’ve thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
What we’re looking for
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous kitchen experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Explore our very big world
When you bring your natural talents and passion for food, we welcome you into our family. No matter your specialty or culinary background, we offer great rewards and opportunities to improve your skills. You will work closely with a team of inspired professionals who encourage and invite your contributions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
HOW TO APPLY