Full-Time IT Operations Professional-Infrastructure Vacancies Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Role: IT Operations Professional – Infrastructure
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Process Industries team as IT Operations Professional – Infrastructure help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us !
Our IT Infrastructure Operation do everything possible to understand what is behind systems. What is the underlying business case, model, and idea? Join us and develop the appropriate architecture, communicating the crucial details of why and when to everyone involved. Play a key role in digitalization – in a promising environment.
- You will act Operation leads from Vendor’s perspective (Hardware, Software and Datacenter related) and ensure Adherence to Siemens security and compliance requirements.
- 4+ years of Linux/Unix and Windows OS experience, with a focus in administering Linux technologies
- Advanced technical knowledge of Linux derivatives (Ubuntu, Debian etc.).
- Practical experience in deployment, management, and troubleshooting of Linux in physical and virtual environments.
- Working knowledge of virtualization and cloud computing concepts and technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of creating and managing virtualized infrastructure environments (ESXi, Hyper- V, etc.)
- Good to have of any Linux administrator and/or VMWare certifications.
- OS patching skills on Linux and Linux security concepts.
- Knowledge on shell programming for daily activities.
- Knowledge in creating and managing the Linux and Windows VMs on ESXi servers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to quickly assess problems and find workable solutions to support development teams.
- You will review change requests and its impact in line with change management process
- Governance and ensuring tasks are executed as per plan.
- You will collaborate with multiple projects and switch between them as required.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
Passionate about this career opportunity? Join us to build the better world.
- Your experience and working knowledge in Linux Operating system , Virtualization Technology like VMWare, Hyper-V, Private Cloud solution will make valuable contributions.
- Network Virtualization skills and know-how will make valuable contribution
- Experience with Enterprise storage and an understanding of SAN concepts, storage abstraction with hypervisors, and enterprise backup and replication solutions.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
HOW TO APPLY
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers