Full-Time Middle School Counselor Vacancy At GEMS American Academy – Leading American School in Abu Dhabi
7693 – Middle School Counselor – Abu Dhabi – August 2021.
Business Unit : GEMS AMERICAN ACADEMY – ABU DHABI
Location : UAE – Abu Dhabi
Closing Date : 30-Apr-2021
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a Middle School Counselor for Grades 6 – 8 to join our existing team at GEMS American Academy Abu Dhabi for the start of the next calendar year commencing in September ’21. The successful candidate will be an experienced Counselor who is excited to join our world class school and is driven to support education at an exceptional level. GEMS staffs enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
Salient job requirements:
- Organize and provide short term academic, personal, social, and emotional counselling for students
- Work with the senior management team to develop experiences and activities for students’ holistic development and success within the school
- Work with teachers to support students both in and out of the classroom environment
- Work with parents on strategies to support their children within the home to ensure academic and holistic growth through workshops and small group meetings
- Develop social and emotional educational short term group programs for students
- Work as a main member within the core safeguarding and child protection team handling safeguarding concerns and logging incidents as they arise
- Maintain caseload summaries to establish trends within school and session records to support interventions
- Maintain student progress and external referral report writing
The successful applicant will have:
- A degree level qualification in Psychology specialized in school based counseling. Augmenting school counseling certifications and licenses are beneficial
- Solid and demonstrable counseling experience of at least 2 years, supporting students with diverse backgrounds
- History of successful partnering with Admin (SLT) and other relevant stake holders
- Knowledge of advisory or character programmes.Resilient and agile decision making skills to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that meet school and student body requirements to help students achieve success in all aspects of their life
- Superior interpersonal skills that reflect patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff in a multicultural and international setting
If you are keen to apply and meet minimum requirements please clarify in your Cover Letter if a teaching/school support partner will accompany you and briefly describe their qualification(s) and experience.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.