Full-Time Vacancy At JP Morgan Chase & Co For Controls & Quality Assurance Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Legal Department has a number of key operations to meet our obligations to various regulatory oversight and investigative bodies as necessary. Within the Legal Department, the Office of the Secretary (“OTS”) partners with senior management, control groups, lines of business and corporate units to promote effective governance of the Firm, its branches, subsidiaries and affiliates. OTS also works closely with the Firm’s Board of Directors and the subsidiary Boards of Directors in providing corporate governance and legal entity management support services, including the planning, preparation and distribution of meetings materials to facilitate the holding of Board meetings.
This is an Individual Contributor role within OTS Global Controls & Quality Assurance team.
The Controls & Quality Assurance Associate (C&QA Associate) will work under the direction of management in the execution of an OTS Control / QA framework and other oversight monitoring programs. The incumbent will also be responsible for analyzing Legal Entity data entered within GEMS to ensure data governance and data quality standards are in place and recommend efficiencies in business process. The C&QA Associate will take responsibility for the management of certain new, as well as existing monitoring programs, such as the Global Filings Monitoring Program. Additionally the incumbent will validate that procedures and controls are adhered to and periodically analyze such programs to determine where there may be opportunities to enhance such programs while maintaining or improving control effectiveness, as well as participate in the firm’s other Risk & Control Self-Assessment processes by testing various processes to ensure established CORE controls are operating as designed and are adequate to mitigate operational risk ( Work Timings are UK shift (1pm-10pm India time)
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review OTS owned Critical Data Elements within GEMS confirming data was entered with required approvals and supporting documentation
- Perform Monitoring for Global Statutory Filings
- Perform Quality Assurance for the North America Annual Filings
- Follow established QA policies and procedures
- Continuously identify additional areas of process improvements in the QA program
- Test and perform CORE testing
- Analysis and reporting over User Tool (UT) inventory
- Issue & Action Plan management
- Build and foster productive working relationships, including but not limited to OTS Operations colleagues across regions and attorneys/Cooperate Governance Contacts
SKILLSETS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 4-6 years of Controls / Quality Assurance (QA) / QC experience
- Background in legal and/or quality control development and implementation would be preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel, Power-point and SharePoint
- Keen Attention to Detail but also the ability to see the \”Bigger picture\”
- Outstanding ability to solve problems and make sound & balanced judgment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Sense of urgency when responding to escalated issues, rapidly changing priorities, etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
HOW TO APPLY