Full-Time Vacancy of Assistant Vice Principal At International Teachers Plus
An International Private School in Abu Dhabi using the American Curriculum is looking to recruit an Assistant Principal for K-12 School. We are looking for a dynamic school leader who can inspire teachers and students, adapt easily to the new setting and school culture, and lead the School into its next phase of growth.
The successful candidate should possess proven leadership and management skills in the field of education. They should have a passion for academic excellence and for international education. The new Vice Principal should be able to communicate effectively and collaborate with students, faculty, administrative and support staff, and parents.
- Support the Principal and and colleagues to ensure creativity, innovation and the use of appropriate new technologies to achieve excellence and nurture human wholeness.
- The ability to work with staff to identify assessments, concepts and skills. Using Data Management for learning results, and to contribute guidance and assistance to staff in planning and implementing curriculum utilizing appropriate instructional strategies. Supervise the maintenance of accurate records on student progress. Demonstrate the principles and practice of effective teaching and learning in the High School.
- Maintain a consistent and continuous Academy-wide focus on student achievement, which reflects the agreed vision and values of the school. Use data and benchmarks to monitor progress in student learning and support and facilitate colleagues in this.
- Work with the Principal of School and lead colleagues in implementing strategies, which secure high standards of behaviour and attendance and reflect the School agreed values in their response to the needs of vulnerable individuals.
- Participate in the monitoring, evaluation and review of classroom practice and promote improvement strategies.
- Work with the Head of Departments and other Vice Principals to challenge underperformance at all levels and to implement effective corrective action and follow-up.
- Manage conflict effectively, seeking positive outcomes and communicate with parents to attain this.
- Participate in planning, allocation, support and evaluation of work undertaken by teams and individuals, giving professional leadership and delegating tasks as appropriate.
- Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Bachelor Degree from a recognized University preferably in the US due to American Curriculum being used
- Master Degree in Education or Leadership Administration preferably in the US
- A TEACHING LICENSE for Middle-High School grades from a US university preferably
- Must have excellent English Communication Skills and could pass an IELTS at level 7.5
- Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues and liaise with parents effectively
- Must show initiative and able to demonstrate how you have made a difference in effecting change in previous schools
- Minimum 4 years experience as a Middle-High School teacher
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Middle-High School Assistant or Vice Principal or in a similar leadership position
- Working knowledge of American curriculum, professional development and assessment
- Excellent skills in communicating and collaborating with staff and parents
- Excellent skills in supervising and evaluating staff
- Use data and benchmarks to monitor progress in student learning and support and facilitate colleagues in this
- Bring an imaginative approach to solving problems and be a good communicator, while working cooperatively with those of differing views
Monthly Salary Range:
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly Salary from 20K to 22K AED based on qualifications and years of experience
Housing : Housing Allowance of AED 60K yearly provided
Health Insurance Coverage : Provided for employee only. Employee must pay for dependents
Annual Air Tickets : Cash Annual air fare for employee only
Relocation air ticket also provided at beginning and end of contract for employee only
Leave : In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per the country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year
Dependant School Fees : 100% Tuition for first child and 50% for second child attending same school as employee
Visa & Medical Check Fees : VISA fees and Medical check done in the country for Residency Visa are paid for by the school for Employee only
End Of Service Benefit : Receive 21 days basic salary for each full year of service. Plus economy air ticket to place of permanent residence according to Labour Law of the country
Contract Period : 3 year contract – renewable
Location : UAE – Abu Dhabi
Paperwork Requirements : Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements
Start Date : August 2021